For Journalism B
- Select ONE of the companies/businesses listed. Each business will be assigned to one student – multiple students cannot have the same business.
- Type a one page report on the background and history of your business. This must be a complete page of your original writing based on research from credible Web sites or other sources. This is due by the end of class on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and will be saved in an s-share folder.
- Develop a public relations campaign for your business and create a media kit. This “kit” must include a press release with company letterhead (1 page – see link for example and guidance) announcing an upcoming event involving your company (you create the event), brochure profiling your upcoming event, fact sheet (bullet points with company letterhead – one full page) about your business, at least three color photos involving your business or event, company logo and business card with your contact information.
- Your press kit must be put together in an s-share folder. Your materials must be organized and look professional.
- Media kits are due end of class Friday, Feb. 15.
You will be able to choose from the following businesses. Names will be drawn at random and each student will choose the company of their choice based on the order they were drawn.
American Airlines, Apple Inc., Coppell Independent School District, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas Independent School District, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, DART – Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Dell Inc., Frito-Lay, Gaylord Texan Resort, JCPEnney, Neiman Marcus, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Nordstrom, Pizza Hut, Six Flags Over Texas, Southwest Airlines, Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M University, Texas Christian University, Texas Rangers, The Dallas Morning News, The University of Texas at Austin, Verizon Wireless, Whole Foods Market