For Intro to Media and Reporting
Each of you will create your own WordPress account where you will update content and post assignments throughout the school year. If you are not familiar with WordPress, no worries – we are here to help you as it’s a great blogging site used by journalists.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to http://www.wordpress.com and click “Get Started”
2. Complete the registration page. You will use your CISD gmail account, create a username with your initials only (do not include your full name) and password (don’t forget it!), and you will enter the same prefix of your student email (ex: bcw1975) as the prefix for your free WordPress address. You must follow these instructions.
3. You will receive an email confirmation so be sure you entered the correct email.
4. Once your WordPress is activated, you can go into the dashboard and select the theme and features of your choice. You can make changes throughout the year.
5. If you didn’t set up your WordPress using the iPad app, make sure you have installed the free app and have logged into your new blog so you can update it from your iPad throughout the year.
NOTE: This will be a live website. Therefore, DO NOT include your last name or the last name’s of any students this year on your WordPress. Being a live website, you are responsible for the content posted so you must be honest and ethical in all postings. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please let me know.