For Intro to Media and Reporting
For Monday, Sept. 16
One of the best examples, and high profile, of investigative reporting is the Watergate scandal which led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.
1. Who are Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein? Be sure to mention their connection to the Watergate story. Where did they work?
2. What is “Watergate? and why is this name associated with the Woodward/Bernstein story? How is The Washington Post associated with this event? Who is Mark Felt?
3. How did the Watergate story impact President Richard Nixon?
Short answer – O.J. Simpson Trial (1995)
1. What was unique about media coverage of the O.J. Simpson murder trial in 1995 which made it different from other high profile trials?
2. How did the media coverage of the trial impact public opinion regarding Simpson’s guilt or innocence?
3. What event involving O.J. Simpson occurred during Game 5 of the NBA Finals in June 1994 and how was it covered by the media?
4. Give an example of a cable channel that greatly benefited and enhanced its exposure through its coverage of the O.J. Simpson trial (and how did it benefit).
Deadline: Tuesday, Sept. 17. Save in the Google Drive folder