For Intro to Media and Reporting
- Select ONE of the companies/businesses listed (you will sign up on class). Each business will be assigned to one student – multiple students cannot have the same business.
- Type a one page (12 pt font/double spaced) report on the background and history of your business. This must be a complete page of your original writing based on research from credible Web sites or other sources. This is due by the end of class on Thursday, Feb. 20 and will be saved in a Google Drive folder.
- Develop a public relations campaign for your business and create a media kit. This “kit” must include a press release with company letterhead (1 page – see link for example and guidance; you design the release using company logos and graphics) announcing an upcoming event involving your company (you create the fictional event), brochure (it can be using a brochure template in Word, Smore, App of your choice, etc.) profiling your upcoming event, fact sheet (bullet points with company letterhead – one full page) about your business (not the event, your business), and company business card (there are templates with your contact information.
- Your press kit must be put together in a folder (create a folder inside the PR Media Kit folder titled with your name) under your name in Google Drive (all items will go in the same folder). Your materials must be organized and look professional.
- Media kits are due end of class Monday, Feb. 24.
You will be able to choose from the following businesses. You must sign the list in class to claim your company.
American Airlines, Apple Inc., Coppell Independent School District, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, DART – Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Dell Inc., FC Dallas, Frito-Lay, Gaylord Texan Resort, Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, JCPenney, Mary Kay, Neiman Marcus, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Nordstrom, Pizza Hut, Six Flags Over Texas, Southwest Airlines, Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M University, Texas Christian University, Texas Motor Speedway, Texas Rangers, The Dallas Morning News, University of Texas at Austin, Verizon Wireless, Whole Foods Market